1-3. Each letter represents a specific number between 0 and 9. If solved correctly, the result should be a valid arithmetic sum. No line will begin with 0 and each letter will always represent the same number.
PENGUIN SALMON HARRY
+SEAGULL +MARLIN +HARRY
+ GNU + BISON POTTER
4. Mum and Dad decided to buy all the children coming to the party a present. It was important to spend the same amount on each child – but they didn’t know how many children were coming. There certainly weren’t to be more than ten.
What is the minimum amount of money they needed, to be able to divide it equally between all the children, irrespective of how many came to the party, and without leaving any change?
5. Man A can mow a field in 2 hours
Man B can mow the same field in 3 hours
Man C can mow the same field in 4 hours
Man D can mow the same field in 5 hours
If they worked together at their respective rates how long would it take to mow the entire field?
6. We have been visited by aliens!
Some have four eyes
Some have six eyes
Some have eight eyes
Some have twelve eyes
There are an equal number of each type of alien. The total number of eyes in the room is 5120.
How many aliens are there?
7. What fish is most cherished by a lady on her Wedding Day?
8. Which word is pronounced the same even when you remove the last four letters?
9. Which is the odd one out? Apollo
10. My first is in ready, and also in able.
My second’s in barn, but not in a stable.
My third is in heavy, but never in light.
My fourth’s in this morning, but not in tonight.
My fifth is in movement, but not in delay.
My sixth is in wander, but not in astray.
My seventh is in minute, but not found in hour.
Now, can you tell me the name of this flower?